So, let’s say you want to start a grow house, set up a grow tent for your cannabis or even start small with a grow rack. What do you need to keep in mind? First things, first! You need T5 Grow Lights!
Normally, since you will be growing your herbs in a sheltered area, the plants will most likely experience stunted growth or even fail to grow because of lack of enough sunlight. This where this T5 grow lights come in handy. These lights are designed to enhance the vegetative growth of your herbs or any other plant of your interest. They are specially manufactured to provide the spectrum of the sun’s rays, which contain certain elements that enhance the growth of the plants naturally.
When setting up your garden, the question questions that will always linger in your mind is: how do you pick out the best T5 grow lights from a market flooded with varieties of brands? Well, no need to worry — that’s why we are here!
Let’s have a look at our top ten best T5 grow lights and some factors that you need to consider to get the perfect one for your garden. Your herbs will grow nice and healthy!
- 1. Lightingwise 4 FT 6500K T5 HO Fluorescent Grow Light Bulbs
- 2. Hydroplanet T5 4ft 8lamp Fluorescent Ho Bulbs Included for Indoor Horticulture Gardening T5 Grow Lights Fixtures (8 Lamp, 4ft)
- 3. Root Farm All-Purpose LED Grow Light
- 4. Oppolite T5 4FT 4-Lamp Fluorescent Grow Light
- 5. T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs
- 6. Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLT5264 T5 Fluorescent Tubes
- 7. T5 Grow Light (4ft 4lamps) DL844s Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs
- 8. T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs
- 9. Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLT48 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System, 4 Foot, 8 Tube
- 10. VIVOSUN 6500K 2FT T5 HO Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture for Indoor Plants
- Choosing the Best T5 Grow Lights — The Ultimate Buying Guide
1. Lightingwise 4 FT 6500K T5 HO Fluorescent Grow Light Bulbs
If you are looking for the perfect grow lights for your indoor plants, Lightingwise gives you a combination of both Bloom and Grow lights, perfect for the best plant growth. Lighting wise features Bloom associated with harvest sunlight. This spectrum triggers the flowering stage of plants and is therefore perfect for your flowering plants. More so, Lightingwise also features the Grow spectrum, which is crucial for vegetative plant growth. This bulb is perfect for cloning, seed starting and a full-term source of light making it the best T5 Grow lights.
Lightingwise T5 bulbs come in low wattage hence consume less energy. They’re also known to depreciate between 8-10% of their original lumen. Lightingwise guarantees you 20,000hours of service by their T5 lamps before you have to rush to the store to get a new set. Overall, the bulbs do promote incredible health of the plants while producing sufficient light for full-term growth.
- Dependable with low depreciation of lumen
- Low energy consumption
- Offer superior plant health
- Not specialized for ultraviolet B
- Lumens depreciate at a faster rate
- May present a high level of difficulty fitting in some fixtures
2. Hydroplanet T5 4ft 8lamp Fluorescent Ho Bulbs Included for Indoor Horticulture Gardening T5 Grow Lights Fixtures (8 Lamp, 4ft)
Hydroplanet T5 grow lights are the best plug and play lamps for busy people. Not only are they hassle-free when installing, but also operate on 110v/120v and include a 15’ power cable. This T5 grow lights are inclusive of 8 high definitions grow bulbs which produce 6500K. the product consists of a daisy-chained outlet as well as one hanger. This T5 fixture allows you to hang it, however, fit either vertically or horizontally depending on the design of your grow room.
For each of the fixtures, you can expect a highly reflective aluminum interior for maximized light reflection. These T5 lights are perfect for the growth period for your house plants. To make sure they serve you longer, this T5 grow lights feature durable powder coated housing and come with HO bulbs.
- Feature daisy chain outlet
- Features a durable powder-coated housing for long-lasting service
- The casing features an aluminum interior for high reflection of light
- Not suitable for flowering hence the need to acquire 3000k bulbs
- Not recommended for daisy chain lest they become faulty
- Delicate switches that get stuck in different positions
3. Root Farm All-Purpose LED Grow Light
With Root Farm all-purpose LED grow light; you can expect a complete cycle with the same lamp. No need to go buying bloom light for the flowering stage of your plants. Root Farm allows you to grow a variety of plants right from the seed stage to harvesting. These Grow lights feature a versatile design which adapts while the plants continue to grow. They feature adjustable leg stands that allow the lamp to be adjusted when the seeds are germinating and later on hanged when the seedlings are ready for transplanting.
Root farm Grow light bulbs use low energy and maximize on the power output reducing the cost of operation by a considerable margin. The grow lights feature a blend of red, white, and blue LEDs which allow the growth of any plants and at any stage. The LEDs are long-lasting contrary to the traditional fluorescents.
- Comprises three bands of light, blue, red and white
- Supports all stages of growth of plants
- Features adjustable legs for adapting to different plant stages
- LEDs not easily replaceable
- Does not support dual voltage
- May not be recommended for high humidity environments
4. Oppolite T5 4FT 4-Lamp Fluorescent Grow Light
Oppolite T5 grow lamps feature four fluorescent lamps designed in a unique spacing for efficient light distribution. Each of the bulbs is 54 watts HO fluorescent with a rating of 6500K. The light comes with a powder-coated power cord which can withstand up to 105 degrees Celsius and 300v.
The electronic ballast boasts a 95% reflective aluminum reflector in the interior which enhances light intensity, covering every single plant. The whole set up is very light in weight and easy to put up. The grow lamp comes with dual on/off switches which enable you to control the light through four banks of lighting. If you lack space for hanging the Oppolite overhead, you can always hang it vertically or horizontally. The overall dimensions of the housing include 47″ L x 14″ W x 2-3/8″ H.
- Features highly reflective aluminum interior
- Can be hung in different styles to suit the room design
- Low energy consumption with a high power output
- Limited to 6500K light for growth enhancement
- Not Dimmable with heat emission
- Not bright enough for enhanced vegetable starts
5. T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs
T5 Grow light by Durolux, which comes in 2ft 4 fluorescent lamps with high light emission, is the best grow light for your home garden. The DL824 light features a German Hammer tone reflector with a 95% reflectivity. The overall output of the grow light is 10000 lumens.
The grow light comes with hanging hooks included for attaching the lamp in whichever position your grow house can accommodate. The Grow light also features a power outlet which can house up to 12 more accessories even if you only have one power outlet in your grow house. Two switches are fixed on the housing, one for controlling the outer bulbs and the other for the inner bulbs. Each lamp has a capacity of 6500K which produces sufficient light for accelerated growth of your plants. The lamps are also water-resistant and can work well in wet and humid spaces. Durolux lamps come with a 5-year warranty for quality assurance.
- Water-resistant and works well in humid areas
- High light output of up to 10,000 lumens
- Quality reflective housing with a 95% reflectivity
- Consumes a lot of energy hence the high cost of maintenance
- Short life span compared to LED bulbs
- Flicker a lot at the end of the life span
6. Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLT5264 T5 Fluorescent Tubes
Hydrofarm’s T5 tubes are the best low price replacements for your Grow lights. These tubes offer HO light output with 24 watts and 2000 lumens for every fluorescent. These tubes come in 4 packs and also provide full daylight of 6400K spectrum. That means, if you are planning to grow seedlings and then transfer them to an open-air garden, this Grow lights will offer a seamless transition for your seedings.
These replacement tubes are compatible with all the T5 Grow light fixtures. They have a life span of up to 10000 hours, translating to 26 months of full light when used round the clock. The Hydrofarm replacement tubes measure 23.2 x 1.8 x 1.8 inches. So before you go and buy them, be sure to get the measurements of your Grow light fixture, so you get it all correct.
- Very affordable
- Comes in packs of four
- Lasts up to a year giving you full service
- Does not produce direct light
- Consumes the high amount of energy
7. T5 Grow Light (4ft 4lamps) DL844s Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs
Durolux T5 Grow light has an overall production of 20,000 lumens. Much like its DL824 counterpart, the DL844s has a 95% reflectivity with its reflector owing its design to the German Hammer-tone. The Durolux DL844s has a light output of 30% more in comparison to other lighting systems.
The Durolux DL844s comes with all the accessories included; hanging hooks, four-piece 4ft lamps, 8ft power cord as well as chains for hanging the fixture. The Grow light features an outlet fixed on the exterior of the housing, which can power up to 5 other accessories with only one wall outlet. Two switches are used to control the amount of lighting cast by the lamp. One is for the outer bulbs and the other for inner tubes. The DL844s features safe operation with its waterproof design. It comes with a 5-year warranty and measures 46 x 4 x 12 inches.
- Features safe operation design with its waterproof design
- Features an outlet on the fixture for powering other accessories
- High light output of up to 20000 lumen
- Shorter lifespan compared to LED
- Bulky and a little heavy
- Consumes a lot of energy
8. T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs
Durolux DL824 has a high output of up to 10000 lumens. The DL824, much like its predecessors, comes with a German Hammer reflector with a 95% reflectivity thus counteracting the omnidirectional light. Again, these lamps come with 30% more light in comparison to comparable lighting systems. The Grow light features two switches on the housing, which are used to dim the fluorescent tubes.
Durolux has four 2ft 6500K fluorescent tubes, some hanging hooks, a power cord, and hanging chains. The power outlet fixed on the grow light can be used to power 12 more accessories while using only one power source. To meet safe operation measures, the Durolux DL824 features a waterproof design which makes it effective even in humid areas. The make of the Grow light also allows for fire prevention incase the tubes get loose along the way.
- Features a fire prevention design incase the tubes hang loose
- Features a water-resistant design
- High light output of 10,000 lumens
- The white powder in the fluorescent tube causes mercury poisoning
- Shorter life span compared to the new LED lights
- Very bulky
9. Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLT48 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System, 4 Foot, 8 Tube
Total Reviews -0
Review Score -1.995
Item is on SALE !!! 15% discount will save $50.28 (15%)
Hydrofarm Grow light features eight fluorescent tubes with a capacity of 6400K. The overall function of the fluorescent tubes is 40,000 lumens, which are sufficient for large scale grow houses. Hydrofarm Agrobite features a powder-coated housing made of steel, making it very durable. To maximize the light emission, the Agrobite features a high-performance specular aluminum, which is very useful in downward light distribution.
With Agrobite, you have the luxury of choice when hanging the fixture. If you prefer vertical, horizontal, or even overhead, whichever works for you, you can be sure to achieve it. To obtain more lighting, options, Hydrofarm Agrobite allows for daisy chain method, which can accommodate two fixtures with only one power outlet.
- Daisy chain method which can accommodate two fixtures with one power outlet
- high-performance specular aluminum which enhances light distribution
- high light emission of up to 40,000 lumens
- Not recommended for high humid, damp and wet areas
- Consumes a high amount of energy
- Hard to control the amount of light emitted
10. VIVOSUN 6500K 2FT T5 HO Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture for Indoor Plants
There’s nothing more annoying than a Grow lamp which has numerous assembly processes before you can get to work. That is not the case with Vivosun 6500K plug and play lights. Not only will they save you time, but also give you peace of mind. This T5 fixture comes with 6500K HO fluorescent lamps which are replaceable when they run out. The lights feature 120V input voltage as well as an eight feet power cord.
Vivosun Grow Light body is crafted using 95% highly reflective aluminum material, which increases the distribution of light downward for higher coverage. If your grow house does not allow for an overhead hanging method, you can opt for vertical or horizontal placement. Vivosun works well for Grow house, racks and tents as well. The package comes with two power cord for hanging the fixture. The overall dimensions are 25.3 x 17.5 x 4.6 inches.
- High standard quality control
- High output light with tubes of up to 5000 lumens
- Constant brightness with no flickering
- Heat emission
- High energy consumption rate
Choosing the Best T5 Grow Lights — The Ultimate Buying Guide
Grow lights are a crucial factor in a successful grow house, grow tent or even a rack. Having covered a few of the best grow lights in the market. Someone may be wondering to themselves, so how do I choose the best grow lights? Well, fortunately for you, we have a few points that you can consider.
Let us have a look!
Light intensity is measured in Lumens. The more the light intensity, the more the lumens. When setting up a grow house and you have to look for Grow lights, you want to keep in mind how much light intensity in lumens you require. The light intensity needed is dictated by the size of the grow house and the type of plants you are planning to cultivate.
For example, most fluorescent lamps found in grow lights like the Durolux emit up to 2000lumens, 3000lumens, and so forth. When few fluorescent tubes are put together, then you have more lumens hence more brightness. It is a requirement that you produce anywhere between 300 to 800 lumens per square foot for your plants to prosper nicely.
Energy consumption versus power output
The measurements for energy consumption are in watts. Different types of bulbs require different amounts of energy to achieve their brightness level. For example, a 100 watts incandescent bulb will emit up to 1600 lumens, which is the same amount of lumens emitted by a 22 watts LED lamp. This means that the incandescent light will use four times the amount of energy required by the LED to produce the same level of brightness.
Some types of grow lights are more energy-efficient than others. The LED grow lights are more energy-efficient compared to the fluorescent grow lights hence are more sustainable. So when planning for Grow Lights, keep in mind the cost of the energy you will likely incur by the light you choose.
Bulbs emit heat at different levels. The halogen and incandescent bulbs create light through heat, which means that most of the energy (90%) is converted into heat hence the high heat emission. Now, the opposite is right for the LED bulbs which produce heat. However, the heat generated by the LED is conducted away to prevent the deterioration of the lamp’s efficiency.
This tells you why it is very likely that you will not notice the LED bulbs overheating like the incandescent ones. Bulbs which emit a lot of heat may bring more harm to your plants, killing your hard work. So when you are out buying Grow lights, go for those lamps that don’t produce a lot of heat. A good example is the Root Farm LED Grow lights and fluorescents grow lights.
Life span and replacement
When looking for the best T5 Grow Lights, you want to make sure that they have an excellent life span. That is, they last long enough to give you a full service. Fluorescents are generally good because even though they don’t last as long as the LEDs, they are replaceable. On the other hand, though the LEDs may not all be replaceable, they continue a few times as much as the fluorescents.
At this point, you have to weigh your options and see what works better for you. For instance, the Durolax series do last long enough to give you a 26 months service equivalent to 20,000 hours. Most of the T5 Grow lights come with the lifespan date indicated on them. Be sure to go for the ones that will give you a full service all through the growing season.
The T5 Grow Light fixtures come in different definite sizes. The sizes vary across different brands. Fluorescents, however, have standard sizes. For this reason, many tubes from various manufacturers will fit onto other manufacturers faceted ballast.
However, be keen to pick the correct size for your Grow house as well as matching the right tubes to the exact size of the fixture. If you end up buying an accessory too small, then you may end up having an insufficient amount of lighting. Again, if the installation is also gigantic, you may end up having too much glare, which is neither healthy for you nor the plants.
Type of light in kelvins
When Planning for the T5 Grow lights, be sure to get the correct light calibration. For successful and vegetative growth of your plants, daylight is essential. Technology has tried to emulate the daylight spectrum in the 5000-6500K range, which enhances photosynthesis while enhancing the production of nutrients essential to the plants.
However, some T5 Grow Lights take it a notch higher by offering both bloom lights and Veg lights. These lights can be used for both stages by basically switching from to the other in favor of the current phase, which reduces the cost of having to buy two different grow lights. A good example is the Root Farm All-Purpose LED Grow Light, which combines both aspects. So before you settle on the grow light, be sure it will cover you all year round.
To recap, we have covered the essential T5 Grow lights in the markets. Though they will vary, you can almost be sure that they come in either fluorescent or LEDs. The LEDs stand a better chance of giving an excellent service because of their efficiency in energy consumption as well as light emission, which is not omnidirectional. They also last longer and don’t heat up so much. When looking for the best T5 Grow lights, be sure to look for high emission light bulbs in lumens, all-round lights veg/bloom and also an excellent lifespan. With these points, it is almost a guarantee that you could never go wrong.