- Phlizon CREE COB Series 2000W LED Full Spectrum Plant Grow Light - Review
- Niello 600W COB LED Grow Light - Best for Cannabis - Review
- MrHua 600W LED Plant Grow Light COB Full Spectrum - Review
- XHGrow 1800W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum - Review
- PARFACTWORKS 500W COB LED Grow Light - Review
- CANAGROW CREE CXB3590 200W COB LED Grow Light - Review
- Roleadro 400W COB Full Spectrum LED Grow Light with On Off Switch - Review
- HIPERGROW 800W COB LED Grow Lights Full Spectrum - Review
- Buying Guide for COB LED Grow Lights
The most recent craze among indoor growers is the COB LED grow light. COB, which stands for chip on board, is a technology that allows for many LED chips to be placed on one lighting unit. COB lights consume less power, are brighter, and have a higher light output than older LED lights using technologies like SMD and DIP.
COB LED grow lights have replaced traditional MH and HPS grow lights which operate at a high temperature and have a high energy consumption.
As indoor growers, there’s one thing we know for sure: the healthy development of plants is highly dependent on light. COB LED grow lights provide the best illumination for plants to bloom and produce high yields.
But there are so many COB LED grow lights, how do you choose the best one? We know it can be quite confusing to make a choice with so many options available. That’s why we’ve vetted and chosen the top COB LED grow lights.
Go through our list and choose the most suitable one for your needs.
|Phlizon CREE COB Series 2000W LED Full Spectrum Plant Grow Light|
|$279.99||451||4 x 4 ft||50000||0.62|
|Phlizon CREE COB Series 1000W LED Full Spectrum Grow Light|
|$159.99||245||3.5 x 3.5 ft||50000||0.65|
|Niello 600W COB LED Grow Light - Best for Cannabis|
|$116.99||210||5 x 4 ft||50000||0.55|
|MrHua 600W LED Plant Grow Light COB Full Spectrum|
|$109.99||200||5 x 4 ft||50000||0.54|
|XHGrow 1800W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum||--||300||3.5x3.5 Max||50000|
|PARFACTWORKS 500W COB LED Grow Light|
|$126.66||170||3.5 x 3.5||100000||0.74|
|CANAGROW CREE CXB3590 200W COB LED Grow Light|
|--||200||2.5 x 3 ft||50000|
|Roleadro 400W COB Full Spectrum LED Grow Light with On Off Switch|
|--||200||3.5ft x 4ft at 24"||50000|
|HIPERGROW 800W COB LED Grow Lights Full Spectrum|
Phlizon CREE COB Series 2000W LED Full Spectrum Plant Grow Light - ReviewThe two greatest features of this COB LED grow light are its high light output and its perfect spectrum for plants. Its coverage is also quite good (the maximum coverage is 4.1x4.1ft). We think the lumen output is brilliant, especially when it operates at full power. It is comparable to an 800 watt HID grow light. It only needs 451 watts to provide this coverage and will reduce your lighting electric bill by half. When you hang it at 18", it offers a PPFD of 2161.4 umol/m2s and enhances plant growth. The best part is that it doesn't have to run at full power if you don't want it to, thanks to the power-saving switches. You can switch off some diodes whenever you want. The light features a fireproof and UV protected frame and metal cover. The Phlizon 2000W COB light provides the perfect light spectrum for plants at all growth stages with sufficient amounts of blue, red, and white light. With a lamp life of 50,000 hours and more, you won’t need to replace this light for at least 5 years. Pros
- High light output – uses powerful 50W CREE COB LEDs
- Wide coverage (4 by 4ft core coverage)
- Best spectrum for plants
- Costs a bit more than other 2000W grow lights
- Cannot be daisy chained to other lights
- CREE COB LEDS- CREE COB is known for high power and stability. CREE COB, higher brightness, smaller thermal resistance, less light attenuation and longer life.CREE COB itself is a full spectrum design with high PPFD value which can promote faster and better plant growth
- EXTREMELY HIGH PPFD- PPFD, Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density，Hanging at 18", the PPFD is 941 umol/m²s. The bigger the density, the higher the value, the better the plant. COB LED has highest PPFD output. COB LED is much brighter and more efficient than traditional LEDs.
- FULL SPECTRUM- The CREE COB LED itself is a full spectrum lamp integrated design bead. We have added additional light beads in various bands to ensure the scientific full spectrum. It contains 4pcs COB, 68pcs 630-660nm, 10pcs 470nm, 6pcs 6500k, 4pcs 3000K, 4pcs UV, 4pcs IR
- MAXIMUM ENERGY SAVING- The actual power is 400watt. Best hang height at 24",Core Coverage area at 47"*47"(3.9*3.9ft). Maximum coverage area at 49"*49"(4.1*4.1ft). It is more scientifically and energy-efficient than HPS HID and MH. It serves both herb/veg/bloom and is convinient for you.
- BEST SERVICE- We are a professional LED light manufacturer with strong R&D team and many light tester. 2 years warranty plus 30 days money back guarantee. If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us. We will provide you with completely satisfing reply.
Niello 600W COB LED Grow Light - Best for Cannabis - ReviewThe LED grow light industry keeps releasing new grow lights that make growers happy and boost yields. This is one such light. With a spectral range of 380-780 nanometres, it is perfect for all types of indoor plants at all growth stages. It features three reflective cups – each with a unique design for improved light-gathering effect – that deliver a high lux and PAR value. The grow light replaces a 600W metal halide or high pressure sodium light while using less electricity and providing higher-quality light. HID lights (MH and HPS) require 600 watts to produce 600 lumens, but this light only needs 210W to deliver 600 lumens. The light features powerful 200W COB Bridgelux and Epileds LEDs with a CCT of 3000K. Weighing only 4.85lbs, it’s lightweight and easy to install. It provides a maximum coverage of 5 by 4ft at a height of 24”. 3 fans and a built-in aluminum heat sink provide high-speed heat dissipation without creating an irritating noise. Pros
- High Lux and PAR value because of the reflective cup and lens
- Increased light uniformity
- Full light spectrum for all growth stages
- Extremely bright
- Not waterproof
- 【Newest Full Spectrum Grow Lights】: Niello COB D-series grow light, Equiped with 3*3000K COBs,which are specially developed for plants, Spectral experimental test range is 380nm~780nm, Ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and flower at all growth stages. Better than traditional red and blue growth lights,This grow light produce the most efficient wavelengths of light to produce peak plant photosynthesis, Make your plants healthier and happier.
- 【Higher PAR Value and Energy Saving】: Patented unique design of reflective cup and lens for higher light-gathering effect. High PAR value and Lux value than normal led grow light, reducing light and Par value loss. Ensure the utilization of light up to 98%.That make this growing light achieved the balance between efficient utilization and energy-saving.
- 【COB Packing Technology&Unique Design】: This LED grow lights with the COB packing technology being used, led plant grow light source can save about 30% cost in the application, which is great significance for applications and promotion of semiconductor lighting. Grow lights use a glass lens, protect the COB dustproof and not get wet, make the chips a longer lifetime.
- 【High-Speed Heat Dissipation&quiet operation】: COB LED grow light with 3 high speed cooling fans design, a big air-flow cooling window on the back, Built-in aluminium heat-sink, excellent-speed heat dissipation, It does not produce any noise and is suitable for indoor quiet environments.
- 【Reliable after-sales service】：All our products undergo a rigorous aging test and are thoroughly inspected prior to shipment. All LED plant lights purchased from Niello are covered by a 3-year unconditional . If you have any questions, you can contact us directly, we will provide you with professional solutions and support.
MrHua 600W LED Plant Grow Light COB Full Spectrum - ReviewFeaturing a uniquely designed reflective cup and a 120° optical lens, you can rest assured that your herbs will enjoy sufficient and focused light. Light wastage is not an issue as the light has a high lux and PAR value than the regular LED grow light. Three 200W COB Bridgelux LEDs work together to generate 600 lumens of light. They give your plants sufficient light while only pulling 200 watts of power. 3 quiet, high-speed cooling fans – doing 2000 revolutions per minute – and an open exhaust outlet make for efficient heat dissipation. Circuit safety is important, and the built-in safety pipe makes sure of that. With the capacity to mimic natural light, this COB LED light provides adequate illumination to promote the healthy growth of plants at all stages – from germination to harvest. The light it produces is mostly white with a pink tint. Pros
- 120° optical lens for more focused light
- High-speed cooling fans to prevent overheating
- Only draws 200 watts of electricity
- Doesn’t have IR and UV spectrums
- Not waterproof
- 🌻【Efficient COB CHIPS and Unique Design 】Mrhua 600w cob led grow light designed uniquely with the 120-degree optical lens, which better for higher light-gathering effect. Newest integrated COB of LEDs provides much brighter and more efficient lighting than traditional LEDs. What's more, with a safety tube next to the switch, the entire lamp is even safer and more durable. More convenient and more efficient for professional indoor growing.
- 🌻【Higher PAR Value and Optimal Full Spectrum】Different with other common grow light fixtures with red and blue LEDs, Mrhua 600W COB Full Spectrum Grow light use 3x3000K high par value COBs, which can provide really full spectrum lighting from 380nm to 780nm of natural light for plants needed of all growing stages from vegetables to flowers and help your plants get the best yields.
- 🌻【Advanced Cooling Fan System】All our LED plant grow lamps have passed temperature tests before leaving the factory. This 600w growing lamp with open exhaust outlet and 3pcs high-speed cooling fans, which can keep the LEDs cool and provide effective heat dissipation for the best possible stability and longest possible light life.
- 🌻【Energy Saving & Widely used】 Mrhua LED plant light full spectrum replace traditional 600wHPS/HID, with high power, while consuming power is about 200W, can save your electricity bill. Best hang height at 24", Core Coverage area at 4*3ft, Maximum Coverage area at 5*4ft. Whether for indoor garden, grow tent or greenhouse, hydroponic, this plant lamp can keep your plants healthy and thriving.
- 🌻【100% Satisfied Professional Customer Service】—Mrhua Led is a professional LED Grow light manufacturer with strong R&D team and many test devices, all of our grow lights were strictly through high-temperature and high voltage test and vibration test testing before leaving our factory. We will take responsibility for your purchase, if you have any problem, please feel free to contact us, we will give you a satisfying reply within 24 hours.
XHGrow 1800W COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum - ReviewThis new entrant to the market can be used in both greenhouses and house gardens. With 6 pieces of 300W LEDs, the light it generates is similar to natural light. It also has a full spectrum (380-800nm). The light only pulls 300 watts of electricity and is a compact unit (measuring 400 X 210 X 60mm). If you have a big grow area, this COB LED light may not work well for you as it can only cover a 3 X 3ft area. It is ideal for all plant stages. Be sure to use it in a completely dry area because it’s not waterproof and won’t last long if exposed to water or rain. You should also keep the air inlet and outlet unblocked so that it remains cool. It’s not clear at what height you should hang this light, but if you hang it too high, that will negatively impact plant growth. In case you’re concerned about what to do if the light malfunctions, don’t be. It comes with a 3-year warranty. Pros
- Ideal for microgreens
- Lengthy warranty
- Compact but very bright
- Covers a small grow area
- Not ideal for the blooming stage
- 1800W COB LED Grow Light Using Third Generation sunlight spectrum (Look like Sunshine,look like white color,but use machine to test it,you will find it is full spectrum from 380-800nm) for plants, largely accelerate the plant growth. optimize the investment return of commercial plant growing.
- 1800w(6pcs 300w integrated COB leds) light just consumes about 300W power, energy saving; Big lighting area and high LUX, small unit with high brightness and Long lifespan. scientifically engineered to keep the balance of the PAR/Lumen Output and Coverage.
- Compares to traditional 800 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 300 watts! Perfect for a 3.0x3.0' growing area at 24" height (Max coverage 3.5x3.5').
- This is newest light on the market,using Sunshine Spectrum COB leds, high light efficiency, two fans in the light and some holes on the led board form convection, no glass, very easily manageable temperature, keep the lights working longer.
- Professional customer servies, reply within 24 hours,any problem with the light,just email to us. And 3 years warranty.
PARFACTWORKS 500W COB LED Grow Light - ReviewWe can usually tell the quality of a grow light just by looking at the LEDs. And this one has the best: 24, 10W Bridgelux/Epileds LEDs. 2 COB LEDs with a color temperature of 3000K only make it more powerful. This grow light provides the perfect spectrum to promote your plants’ growth. The light produced is bright and uniform thanks to the patented reflector and optical lenses. These enhance canopy penetration and PAR output by more than 200% Each of your plants will be flooded with direct light due to the beam angle of the LEDs (90°) which ensures that light is focused over the entire grow area. The grow light provides a maximum coverage of 3.5 X 3.5ft. Your plants will flourish under this light’s powerful bloom enhancer. When it comes to energy efficiency, this light delivers over and over again. It only consumes 170W. In addition, its long lifespan of 100,000 hours will stop you from spending money on maintenance and replacements for several years to come. Pros
- Long useful life (100,000 hours)
- High light output and canopy penetration
- Only has 2 COB LED chips
- PATENT MODULAR REFLECTOR PLUS OPTICAL LENSES with light transmittance over 95% increases PAR output and canopy penetration by up to 250% while ensuring a more uniform footprint.
- LATEST WHITE COB TECHNOLOGY brings you the daylight in your grow rooms, see your plant growing big and strong in natural colors.
- TWO CHANNELS: Full Spectrum COB plus VEG/BLOOM ENHANCER (including 630nm, 660nm, 450nm, 470nm, UV and IR).
- ENERGY SAVING consuming only 170W, ideal for vegetative 3.5’x3.5’ coverage and flowering 3’x3’ coverage.
- PARFACTWORKS WARRANTY: 3 years warranty plus 30 days satisfaction or return guarantee, if any query, please contact us first, we will help you make things right.
CANAGROW CREE CXB3590 200W COB LED Grow Light - ReviewWith 2 CXB3590 COB LED chips, each using 120 watts of power, this grow light offers the perfect spectrum for successful plant growth. If you consistently operate this COB LED grow light for 12 hours a day, you’ll speed up the growth of your plants and leaves will shoot up before you know it. Each growth stage requires the light to be at a different height above the plants to support their growth needs. The MEAN WELL LED driver for this light gives it a long lifespan and its housing is very sturdy. We attribute the ability of this light to promote the healthy growth of plants to its high-quality lenses. In case you have a large grow area, you can increase the light output by using a daisy chain to connect more lights. It’s quite convenient as you won’t require many sockets. The light is dimmable and can be adjusted upwards as the plants grow. Pros
- Powerful components: CREE LEDs and a MEAN WELL driver
- Easy-to-replace LEDs
- No timer or remote control
- High price point
- 【CREE CXB3590 COB LED】This is the newest CREE COB LED grow light on the market. The naming comes from the LED which is made by CREE (CXB3590). Each LED can reach an impressive 120w of power. The CREE CXB3590 LEDs are not only extremely powerful but also produce the most ideal spectrum for proper plant growth. The CREE CXB3590 is a Full Spectrum LED (380nm~780nm) easily replacing 400w HPS grow light. The CREE CXB3590 was designed specifically for growing plants indoors.
- 【Industry Trusted High Quality Components】Behind any good LED is an LED Driver, the LED Driver is made by the industry trusted company MEAN WELL. We utilized high quality waterproof components to ensure stable voltages and overall longer lifespan of the COB LED chips. IDEAL COB Holder is Made in the USA. We used German made WAGO brand connectors. Each individual component on our CREE CXB3590 grow light was meticulously sourced from the world’s best companies. It has about 50,000 hours lifetime.
- 【Improve Plant Growth Quality and Effectiveness】This FULL SPECTRUM LED grow light can rapidly improve the speed and density of foliage and growth overall. You will notice new foliage growth within a few days. With the adjustable dimmer knob turned to maximum, the CREE CXB3590 cob led grow light has the capability to penetrate dense foliage canopies. Full Spectrum LEDs are highly beneficial during both Vegetative and Bloom cycles.
- 【Wide Use Applications】Our CREE CXB3590 LED grow lights are used in a wide variety of applications from large indoor farms, indoor flower gardens, greenhouses, basement gardens, closet grows, and grow tents. Because the CREE CXB3590 led grow light is dimmable and FULL Spectrum it is ideal for a wide range of plants: Microgreens, Tissue Cultures, Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs, and Special Plants. Note: This cob led grow light is very bright, please do not stare at the light for long periods of time.
- 【Quality Assurance】CANAGROW is a professional light manufacturer specialized in LED grow lights. We have 7 years of focused research and development. We offer 30 days full refund and a 3 year warranty with 365 days of technical support. Our service center is open 24 hours. If you have any questions or are not satisfied for any reason, please feel free to contact us.
Roleadro 400W COB Full Spectrum LED Grow Light with On Off Switch - Review
The grow lighting industry has grown in leaps and bounds and continues to grow every day. One of its recent developments is COB lighting. COB, which stands for chip on board, is a technology where many LEDs are mounted on a single circuit board to form one module. This allows the LEDs to have more diodes.
Unlike some LED grow lights, this 400w COB grow light doesn’t have only blue and red light, it has all the lights plants need to develop well. Don’t let its simple, minimalist design that’s devoid of embellishments fool you into ignoring it. It is packed with features you will love.
Chip on board technology allows for increased brightness and coverage, resulting in more coverage for less electricity. The grow light uses 200 watts and produces 400 watts.
The only problem is it tends to heat up considerably, especially when you keep it running for more than 16hrs.
- Daisy-chain connection function: two or more 800W COB grow lights can be connected together with the standard included power cord. This makes less power cords and expands the extent of the light coverage. Saving energy, money & time. It will be the best solution for your grow lights indoor.
- Intimate Customer Service: 2 years warranty and 30 days money back is our promise. We has 10 years of experience and dedication, if you have any problem, just contact us and we'll provide you the best suggestion for your plant growth.
- Full Spectrum 800W: This grow light has wider spectrum of light (instead of purely red and blue light) provides your plants with everything they need from sunlight in the nature, which brings greener, healthier growth and better-looking buds for your plants. Suits to the whole growth cycle for plant growth.
HIPERGROW 800W COB LED Grow Lights Full Spectrum - ReviewComprising 4 pieces of 3000K high-performance COBs which are uniquely designed for plants, you can’t go wrong with this light. It provides a full spectrum of 380nm to 730nm which is perfect for all indoor plants at all growth stages. The manufacturer of this grow light did not spare any expense to make it high quality. It features 3W Osram LEDs, among the best on the market. If you’re looking to replace your 500W metal halide or high pressure sodium grow lamp, the HIPARGERO LED grow light is an excellent choice. It consumes only 240W and delivers 800 lumens of light. Its double switches will save energy and put some money back into your pocket. When raised 24 inches, this light is perfect for a 3x3ft grow area. The powerful cooling system eliminates overheating. High-speed cooling fans, a super heat-conducting iron cover and a built-in aluminum heat-sink keep the light cool and enhance its life expectancy. Pros
- Double switches offer energy savings
- Daisy chain function
- Powerful cooling system
- Not waterproof
- Extremely bright
- 1.Best 5W CREE LEDs -- Hipargero led grow light uses 5W 660nm /380nm CREE XTE chips, the BEST led chip on the market, it provides much higher PPFD(Par value) and Lumens and will not burn out like other cheap lights within months, even weeks
- 2.High power 90W Epileds COBs : Specailly designed 1200K, 3000K and 5000K COBs for led grow lights, provide TRUE full spectrum lights (410nm-730nm) and higher lumens than traditional 3w leds, efficiently absorbed by plants, this led grow light is suitable for plants all stages
- 3.Verified Spectrum and Growth effects -- 3000K and 5000K 90w COBs provide enough blue lights for plant’s veg and growth stages, doubled 1200k COB and added 660nm Cree LEDs provide more red lights for plant’s flowering and fruiting stages, help your plants yield much more than ever
- 4.Powerful Cooling Fan System -- Equipped with two high speed silent cooling fans and High-tech aircraft-grade aluminum heat-sink, can quickly transfer the heat from the inner PCB and LED to outside, keep your grow lights cool and last years
- 5.Simple use and Excellent after-sales service -- Easy to install and use, simple ON/OFF control and plug into electric outlet (85-265VAC) directly. We provide one year warranty plus 30 days satisfaction or return guarantee. All your questions will be replied within 24 hours
Buying Guide for COB LED Grow Lights
When deciding which COB LED grow light to buy, there are important factors to consider and questions to ask. This guide will give you clarity and help you to decide which light is best for your specific requirements.
Here’s what to look for.
1. Full Spectrum
For plants to grow well, they require a particular range of light spectrum. Outdoors, natural light from the sun provides plants with a full spectrum for their growth. Indoors, LED grow lights provide plants with optimum light wavelengths. This optimal range is commonly known as PAR (photosynthetically-active radiation).
This spectrum has wavelengths between 400nm and 720nm. Plants typically use red light (620nm-700nm) and blue light (400nm-500nm) wavelengths in the highest concentrations. For this reason, the performance of COB LED grow lights should be measured in relation to PAR instead of lumens. A handy device called a PAR meter can help you measure the PAR output of your grow light.
2. The Size of Your Grow Area
If your grow area is 5X5ft, a COB LED grow light with 3X3ft coverage won’t be able to provide sufficient light to your plants. Your plants should be well illuminated by the light in order to grow and flourish.
3. Ultraviolet (UV) Light
Most grow lights on the market have very few chips with a UV spectrum for valid reasons. A high amount of UV light can be detrimental to the plants, damaging their physiological processes and endangering human beings as well. Most grow lights feature a small amount of UV which is safe for plants. UV light can make plants very potent.
4. Dimming Feature
COB LED grow lights that are dimmable allow you to adjust the light depending on the growth stage of the plants. As they germinate, the light can be dimmed to minimum to support growth at that stage. Very bright light at this stage can slow down growth and damage plants.
As the plants grow, the light can be increased at each stage because they can tolerate the brightness without any risk of damage to their growth.
5. Cooling System
All COB LED grow lights feature a cooling system, and rightfully so. But cooling systems are different. Choose a light with an in-built aluminum heat-sink, powerful fans, an air outlet and an inlet. These keep the light cool and prevent overheating, which could damage it. Also, the atmosphere around the plants remains cool and their growth process is not affected.
The prices of COB LED lights differ as night and day. You might be tempted to get a cheaper light, but will it meet your particular needs? Look for a light that offers the best value for money.